Thursday 26 March 2009

Night and God Bless

Peggy wasn’t a glaring inspiration,
nor a loud explosion of greatness,
She was an everyday hero,
Comfortable and safe.
A hot bath after a cold day in the rain,
Freshly baked bread.
She was a good sport, a special smile,
A guaranteed cuddle.
She was an open fire when the frost draws in,
A hot pudding when the craving sets in.

She was an exemplary Grandmother,
Loving and comfort,
A safe haven from the perils of life.
Gran was coming home for Christmas.

She was a wonderful Mom, much treasured,
much loved.
We all carry her loving everyday, in every way.
Much missed, always loved,
Our memories will never rest.
Always in our hearts.

Night and God Bless.

Funeral on Tuesday - kinda life on hold til that is over. My head has been horrendous, stress does that, and its gutting as I haven't been able to be as supportive and helpful as I would like. This is when I hate the TN most, when it impacts on other peoples lives in a negative way. It hurts.

I miss Gran, but in a way I can pretend she's still around, just not here, I guess Tuesday will put paid to that. I have talked to her as well, so I know full well she's not here physically. She sounded happy and relaxed, though she was definite that the hearses wheels had to be clean - so picture me running round with rags polishing on Tuesday! I hope the weather is good - she was so obsessed with the weather!!

Niki x

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely tribute Niki *hugs*

    WIll be keeping you all in my thoughts, particularly on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete