Wednesday 18 March 2009

Good news of my gran

Went to see my Gran this afternoon - she looks so well, despite the surgery - I guess the three units of blood worked the oracle!

Her tumour was about the size of a football!!! Madness...

She was moved from ITU back to her room in the private ward while we were there. She is rather doped up, and being a bit confused at times - but that is only to be expected. She still has the epidural in (which doesn't make her legs numb!) She has an ileostomy rather than a colostomy, but she's relieved that there will be no more rushing to the toilet!

I won't go to see her tomorrow, I was feeling rather ill by the end of today, combo of the stress and the lights in the hospital, but I'm so relieved to have seen her and how well she is doing.

My Dad got a letter from the Welsh Health secretary today, saying she would write to me to explain why they had refused my funding - its pretty uninformative, again re-iterating that there was insufficient information from Oxford for them to make a decision. I'm thinking that getting a consultation with a Neurologist wouldn't be a bad thing to do now, but has to be a Welsh one as it is pointless seeing someone outside of the country as HCW won't take their recommendations seriously if they approve the DBS treatment, or fund any treatment that they suggest given they are outside the country! Heyho. I think the thing to do is write to Brian Simpson again and ask who he recommends.

Niki x

No comments:

Post a Comment