Tuesday 17 March 2009

Kauto the Star

Well what a Gold Cup!! Kauto was awesome! It was a great day and I was delighted with the result - and what a race My Will ran for 5th - no wonder he is now favourite for the Grand National!!

My friend Val came over to watch Thursday and Friday's racing with me which was lovely.

Cirrus was still coughing and refusing to eat his antibiotics and so the vet suggested mixing it with fruit yogurt and squirting it down his throat in a syringe - which I have duly done and the cough did get better-er - so I then got a few more doses to make up for the ones not eaten. He seems to like the Vanilla and Rhubarb yogurt!! It does get all over me though - trouble is I can't fit it all in one syringe-full so have to have a hiatus while I re-fill it, which is when he takes advantage and runs off! He will also refuse to be caught if he sees the syringe and pot so you also have to be sneaky about that. I'm taking someone with me....

As we speak my Gran is in surgery - according to the text messages sent by my Mum and sister who are there with her, the surgeons were reluctant to do the surgery as they felt the risk of her not coming through were too high - but what is the alternative - a guaranteed horrid death?? I was amazed at how happy and perky my Gran was this morning, knowing that the op had arrived and the cancer was going to be taken out - and that says it all to me. I'm thinking of her very hard and waiting on the phone...

It is incredibly frustrating to me that I can't be there waiting with my mum - I'm good at that kind of thing (not to say Caitlin isn't, shes wonderful and very good as well) but my TN makes me more of a liability now for long waits in places with strip lighting. It makes me feel even more useless and disenfranchised.

But at least I could talk my Gran through the whole operation procedure!!

Niki xxx

1 comment:

  1. Got everything crossed for Gran. Lots of Reiki heading her way.

    Big hugs

    Axx

    ReplyDelete