Thursday 17 September 2009

Bad 48hours

Have had an awful 48 hours - usually bad do's don't last that long,but I'm struggling to throw this one off. The morphine and fent combo did bring it down to an 8, but if I'd known it was going to last that long I may have been better off looking at a hospital visit...

The news from the hospital is still that they are trying to get me in in the last week in September, or first week in October - notice we are creeping Christmas-ward. They know I'm having a rough time though and I am a priority case.

Not that the operation is necessarily going to address the pain straight away - I could end up in a worse place for a while, but I'm trying not to think about that.

So not a lot has been happening, not been riding, last time I brought the horses in they ran off with a herd of sheep!! It was a bit of a nightmare, but I discovered my priorities as I saw my mum disappear under a boucing shetland pony followed by a herd of bouncing sheep! Thankfully she was ok, though scrapped up, and I was able to belt off after the horses, whose appearance shocked the farmer, but he did stop them going further along the lane. All well in the end.

Niki x

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm sorry you had such a bad 48 hours. I hope you see some improvement soon! And you know, there are worse addictions than to regency romance! (smile)
    Sincerely,

    Linore
    http://www.LinoreRoseBurkard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki,

    Sorry to hear about your rough 48 hours. If you ever need to talk someone else with TN, we have a few hundred members who are amazing people and are here for your support. http://www.livingwithtn.org.

    Best,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete