Saturday 29 August 2009

No news is good news?

Have no further movement on the op front - hey ho.

Have had a pretty poor week, and am finding increasingly that the addition of morphine to my regime is very detrimental to my memory, concentration and composure! I get very confused very easily, especially if a few things are going on at the same time. I forget things and things I have been told (allegedly!). But it does seem to help the pain, so there we go.

Cirrus did have an abscess by the way!

Alfie is fabulous. Ellie is cool, and Murphy is great! We are taking them to another dog show tomorrow so hopefully they will be on form.

In some ways its hard to have a blog, as every day is so mind numbingly the same, tedious and painful its hard to document it. I'm struggling to be upbeat and not to get into a depression though I'm pretty darn good at not thinking about negative things! At least I have a structure to the day so I don't stay in bed. I'm really existing in a limbo until the operation. I know it may not work, or may take a long time to find the right stimulation parameters to work, but I have to be hopeful. However every other procedure has been a failure eventually and I have coped, and the drugs have always been pretty useless as well, so the last 7 years have taught me how to deal with disapointment I guess. But I still have hope, and while I have that, I will fight.

Anyway, just found a film about MSC on line - here:

http://www.medicalvideos.us/videos-941-Motor-cortex-stimulation-for-Chronic-pain

Niki x

No comments:

Post a Comment