Friday 27 February 2009

Sort of Progress

So the situation is that we have the letter HCW sent to Prof Aziz. Their seemingly sole reason for refusing funding is that the procedure is deemed experimental (not seemingly a reason for refusal directly) and that Ethics approval does not seem to have been granted for this procedure. They imply that Oxford had not provided them with this information when requested.

Prof Aziz, we are told, has responded to this letter, presumably saying that ethics approval HAS been granted.....

You can see we are all in the dark somewhat, and back to waiting for letters that may or may not work their way to us! The Prof is on holiday/away for the next few weeks, so I think we have a hiatus now.

In other news, stress levels in the house are high as my Gran is suffering from bowel cancer at the moment and is living with us while she awaits an operation hopefully to cure it. She is nearly 90 so it is not an easy time for her, and the operation is not scheduled until 17th March - that is going privately, but NHS was no faster. Unless she obstructs and is dragged in as an emergence. It is VERY frustrating and sad watching her deteriorate when realistically she needn't. Its tough on us all. She has been better the last few days after I gave her a talking to about using "Please" and "Thank you" as she has driven us all potty "ordering" us around constantly.

I feel for my parents who also have the worry and difficulties I pose for them. I try very hard to be as good as I can, and do as much as I can, but although I hope I have it right with not whinging and not being irritated (the trimiprimine helps with that!) I get it very wrong with my inability to be tidy!!! Sometimes it feels as if my head is so cluttered and untidy its impossible for it not to spill out into life - but that is probably an excuse as I have never been Mrs Tidy!!

Had another Clicker Training lesson today - both boys were brilliant. I was having a feeble day, so didn't do the whole session. Caitlin did Doughnut and they are both coming on leaps and bounds, and I'm so proud of Caitlin working with Do, and how good she is, and how lovely it is having her around to talk horse - or wee pony - to! Cirrus was good and we got on top of his over-emotional reaction to the treats a bit more. He is SO clever.

Poor Cirrus has a lung infection - he's on anti-biotics for it, so hopefully it will clear up really soon. He is not acting ill in anyway!!!

I've been having a good week as far as pain is concerned - have had two days when I didn't have any lollipop at all - which is a big whoppy do! I had a bit today, but pre-emptively as much as anything before the lesson, and then more when we were talking after, which always sparks things off. No nap today either. Have been having a lot of burning pain in my nose which is boring, and had a really odd sleepy-dream-awakeness thing when my nose itched when I was asleep and I scratched it and got whacked for my trouble, fell asleep and did it all over again, even though I was yelling at myself inside not to scratch!!! Madness....

Niki x

No comments:

Post a Comment