Tuesday 3 November 2009

MRI Scan tomorrow!

Well finally have had a bit more confirmation - I have an MRI scan tomorrow at 5pm, and then I have to ring the ward on Monday morning to find out the time to come in. Hopefully there will not be any argument about beds.

I hate MRI scans. I'd almost rather have the operation twice!! I think I just focus all my nerves to that one thing that is unpleasant in the first place. I know it has to be done, and all that, but its a simple thing to hate without getting totally overwhelmed by it all. I won't allow myself to feel nerves or fear about the other stuff. It all goes in the very big dark cupboard in my mind - not a place to investigate!!

But I have found one, solitary, small pill of valium in the bottom of my drug draw, so that will help! Rescue remedy will not cut the mustard.

I am a bit concerned that its a normal brain MRI though - not a functional one - I guess they know what they are doing but I wonder how they can find the motor cortex parts for my face without anything lighting up or moving? Hey ho.

I have a dog client coming on Friday morning which will be lovely, he's called Barney and he's a special dog.

Niki x

No comments:

Post a Comment