Wednesday 1 April 2009

By the way...

The funeral and celebration went fine - it was sad, but it was lovely at the same time.

Neither of my cousins came which was very sad - one has a good excuse, the other not one. Hey ho - their loss not knowing their grandmother, she was a wonderful person and a fantastic gran. I, and my siblings are far richer from knowing her.

The vicar was fantastic - not too goddy, and with a real human touch - he read the last bit of Watership Down at the committal, which was very touching. I'm no Christian, though spiritual, and I would be happy to go to his church services!

My face was not brilliant - both the crem and the church were very cold, although I kept my hat on. I was hurting quite bad by the time of the waky bit later - ran home to get more drugs and the dog (Ellie loved Gran, so I felt she should come). In all I had 3 doses of tramadol ON TOP of my usual tramadol, plus 3 lollipops. Yikes. By the evening I was really rough, throwing up and trembling with the pain, very boring. Once I had emptied my stomach and taken a sleeping pill I did get to sleep which did settle my face down. So today I'm exhausted as a result.

Now we have the daunting task of clearing Gran's house - but this is also a fun adventure, as she hid all kinds of things hidden in all kinds of places!!

Niki x

No comments:

Post a Comment